With the technologically speeding world, GIS education plays a big-time vital role in the process of advancement. CARTO, having been established back in 2012, has now successfully set its mark as the world’s leading organization in the field of GIS education. Starting from cell phones to connected cars, the location data helps transform the way we lead lives and the way we intend to grow our business.
CARTO is one of the world’s most advanced Location Intelligence Platform, guiding the organizations to use spatial data and analysis for more methodical and structured services. It enhances in providing better delivery routes, behavioral marketing, strategic store placements, and many more. Through CARTO developers’ help, data scientists and analysts work towards optimizing business procedures and anticipating future consequences through spatial data science.
Objectives of GAH
Geospatial Technology is one such advancement that must reach an enormous mass. Geospatial Awareness Hub ensures an awareness about this technology through its workshops, meetups and other educational events.
From GIS, mapping to remote sensing Geospatial Awareness Hub has been trying to promote efficient education on each geospatial technology sphere. GAH also has been promoting job offers in the field of geospatial technology. It has drastically worked towards building a robust Geospatial Community where all the Geospatial Solutions’ questions can be answered correctly. They also have been working towards Geospatial Talent Sourcing, Geospatial Education and Courses and many Freelance Provision for many aspiring minds.
Spatial Data Science Conference 2020
The SDSC, a massive online webinar, will be conducted by CARTO in collaboration with GAH. SDSC 2020 aims to bring together a wide range of spatial problem solvers on a global level. It is aiming towards the interaction of these minds at the intersection of Data Science and Geographical Information System.
At this global conference, some specific presentations and workshops educating about cutting-edge techniques in spatial modeling, spatial statistics, machine learning, geo processing at scale and widespread implementation of specialized data sets. This year as the SDSC will be happening on an online medium, it aims to fetch a larger participation globally. There will be some interesting interactions between many Spatial Data Science Experts.
This event offers you an opportunity to connect with many industry experts who would be sharing their views regarding the enhancement of this field. They will also educate regarding how the growth of Spatial Data Science is affecting the Location Intelligence community.
When and Who All Would be a Part of SDSC 2020?
The Spatial Data Science Conference has been scheduled to be conducted from the 19th of October to 23rd of October this year.
The SDSC 2020 brings you an excellent opportunity to meet a few experts.
- Felipa Hoffa- Since 2013 has been a Developer Advocate on big data.
- Luc Anselin- Senior Fellow at NORC at the University of Chicago in the Academic Research Centers.
- Michael Rusca- An experienced software developer & leader who has contributed in primary roles in a number of startups over 16 years.
- Michele Ferretti- Data Scientist at Booking.com.
- Javier de la Torri- Has founded CARTO with a vision to democratize data analysis and visualization.
- Paul Goodship- Data Scientist at Atkins
- Stephanie Sy- The founder and CEO of Thinking Machines, a global data science consultancy.
- Paula Moraga- Lecturer in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Bath, UK. He is the author of the book Geospatial Health Data: Modeling and Visualization with R-INLA and Shiny.
- Fred Shone- A data scientist in Arup’s City Modelling Lab, working on research and application of agent-based models.
- Alex Singleton- Professor of GIS at the University of Liverpool, where he was appointed as a Lecturer in 2010.
- Andrew Stringer- Tech Partner Business Data and Insight Manager at BT.
- Alistair Edwardes- Lead Data Scientist at the Office for National Statistics (ONS), and Deputy Head of Geography in Govt. Science and Engineering Profession.
- Daniel Arribas-Bel – Senior lecturer in Geographic Data Science at the Department of Geography and Planning of the University of Liverpool.
- Tomas Holderness- Highly experienced in building geospatial applications and working with risk-profile data.
- Nombuyiselo Murage- Spatial data scientist and also the Research and Partnerships Lead at Women in GIS Kenya.
- Miguel Alvarez Garcia – One of CARTO’s data scientists with more than 9 years of experience in designing, implementing and delivering optimization and machine learning solutions to enable data driven decision making in organizations.
- Chigozie Edson Utazi- A Ph.D. holder in spatiotemporal statistics from Lancaster University.
- Levi John Wolf- Senior Lecturer in Quantitative Geography at the University of Bristol & a Fellow with the Alan Turing Institute.
- Joan Capdevila – With a 8+ years in Analytics & 5+ years in Machine Learning, he is currently working on the COVID Symptom Study App powered by ZOE.
This global conference is offering you an opportunity like never before. To know deeply about Spatial Data Science and the Location Intelligence Community, the SDSC 2020 is the right space to seek advanced learnings.
Image Credit: talkcmo.com